Integration of two SAP ERP systems following a business acquisition.
FourPL were engaged to assist one of Australia’s manufacturer’s and distributor’s of house, garden and industrial products with the technical integration and migration of an SAP ERP system into their existing SAP ERP environment, following an acquisition. Initially the intention was to perform a “lift and shift” of functionality but after 1 month, the project was required to align processes with an existing division following a restructure. FourPL provided facilitation of options for addressing the new requirements before recommencing with the project.
The final go-live included 23 stores, 2 manufacturing sites, a new central procurement function, migration into shared services, migration of financial and operational reporting and alignment of security roles within the existing processes.
FourPL’s role was to provide a project management framework and leadership for the project. Our team worked with the customer’s internal IT team in all phases of the project from design through build, testing and post go-live support. This combined team effort meant that the external cost of the project was minimised through the utilisation of existing resources.
The FourPL team provided support to the customer throughout the lifecycle of the project following the ASAP methodology across SAP ECC6.0, SAP GRC, SAP BW and Business Objects.
Where possible, existing processes were adopted, primarily in shared services and procurement functions, to ensure synergies were delivered. Customer facing processes were migrated to limit change. Data was migrated for historical transactions into the BW environment with master data and current transactions migrated into the ERP system. Master data was also mapped to remove duplicating existing business partners.
- A consolidated platform for ERP and reporting.
- Standardised business processes.
- Reduction in infrastructure and systems support.
- Integration of shared services processes for AP, AR and Finance.
- Greater compliance to purchasing processes.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Zero system downtime outside of cutover.
- Successful migration of master data and open items.
- Full integration of shared service functions and common reporting.
- No loss of sales in 23 stores.
- Flexibility – working with changes in the schedule and the organisation’s structures without significant cost changes.
- Independence – we provide honest, pragmatic advice.
- Experience in SAP solutions. We have significant experience in planning and managing SAP environments both at a strategic and operational level.
- Commitment – we do whatever it takes to make the customer successful.
- Our long term relationship with the customer team.
- Flexible engagement model to deliver with internal resources.