Are you an experienced Procurement Consultant?
FourPL would like to talk to you!
FourPL believes in taking a hand on and pragmatic approach to supporting our customers through their journey. To support our approach, we are seeking expressions of interest from individuals with experience in Procurement Consulting. We have offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, and work with customers across Australia and NZ.
As Procurement Consultant you will have experience in procurement and strategic sourcing and be responsible for documenting business requirements and analysis, modelling processes and roles through to requirements testing. Customer engagements will vary in depth where in some cases we try to utilize the customer resources and do more direction and governance, whilst in others we do more implementation work for the customer. We expect that a Consultant’s role will be dynamic in moving between consulting, project management and systems, provided this is clearly defined with the customer for each engagement.
In this role you will work within strategic programs of work for FourPL’s customers. The role will include the ability to support Management and Senior staff in a range of engagements through the consulting lifecycle including:
- Providing pre-sales support to Management and Senior staff as required.
- Engaging with Customers to analyse and understand their engagement and business requirements.
- Understanding Customer’s systems specifications, their work practices and nature of their business.
- Analysis of IT requirements and IT advisory according to project objectives.
- Providing clear concise content as required, including conducting/facilitating oral presentations, document preparation and progress reports to Management and Customers (Stakeholders).
- Change management to support any of the above roles.
- Providing technical and functional expertise as required to customers during the engagement.
- Identifying potential clients and building and maintaining positive relationships with existing and potential Customers.
- Supporting the customer in implementing good logistics processes and systems.
- Identifying potential issues and risks.
- Providing after sales support and customer support as required.
Essential Experience – What you bring to FourPL:
As a Procurement Consultant you should be able to demonstrate 4+ years proven IT Consultancy experience, including the following:
- Strong analytical skills, able to understand business problems and develop creative technology solutions.
- Sound research, analysis and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities to produce quality work within specified time frames.
- Experience working in technology enabled change programs and projects.
- An understanding of the principles, practices, and methodologies of analysing, designing, planning and documenting ‘As is’ and ‘To be’ business processes. This includes the ability to drive change to adopt new processes where appropriate.
- Experience with leading cloud–based procurement and sourcing solutions (e.g. Ariba, Coupa, Baseware, Bravo, Zycus).
- Strong understanding and ability to document process flows and related business rules.
- Effective communication skills both written and oral as demonstrated by successful outcomes in the areas of presentation, consultation, briefings, reports and complex submissions.
- Understanding of the principles of effective teamwork and a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to achieve effective outcomes.
- Demonstrate effective stakeholder management by:
- Working with multiple business areas to identify and document business processes
- Collaborate with the business owners and project stakeholders to identify possible business process improvement opportunities.
- Ability to work in a small team across a range of competing solutions.
- Ability to provide exceptional Customer service and build relationships within all levels of the Customer’s organisation.
Nice to have Skills
Experience in the following areas are beneficial and will set you apart from other candidates. These include:
- Knowledge of Supply Chain areas including Transportation and Warehouse.
- Sound knowledge of Procurement and Sourcing operations and technology-based business solutions.
- An understanding of managing users and expectations in adopting standard cloud-based processes to meet requirements rather than requirements driving processes.
- Knowledge of the end to end management of roles and players in procurement processes
- Experience with enterprise systems such as SAP / Oracle is beneficial.
- Experience with IT Project Management methodologies such as Prince2 and Agile.
- Experience with short timeframe template deployments using standard processes.
- Understanding of and experience with process models and tools (BPMN, UML, ARIS).
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications or experience in Information Technology or related field.
- Strong academic credentials
- Certification in relevant technologies.
- Must be willing to travel to client sites/locations and interstate when required.
- Must have drivers’ licence
- All applicants must have Right to Work in Australia
Depending on your skills and experience a generous remuneration package will be offered.
So Why Work For FourPL?
.We know you have choices. As a leader in the field we offer an excellent remuneration package together with many benefits, which include:
- A great place to work in a growing company recognised to be one of the best in the World in our field.
- An awesome team of people to work with, passionate about success
- The opportunity to grow as a professional
- As we expect to be the best, we provide access to intensive training to ensure we stay ahead
- The opportunity to contribute to supply chain leadership through our customer forums, partner forums and membership.
- Most importantly, we want to be known for our culture where you choose to work for us because you are valued, respected and enjoy working with us.
Sound like You? How to Apply:
If you meet the criteria for this role and you are interested in discussing career opportunities with FourPL, please apply HERE
Please include a short summary that highlights your specific qualifications and suitability to this role, particularly your Procurement Consulting experience.
FourPL is recognized through our awards as one of the leading Supply Chain and Procurement consultancies in Australia, working with many leading Blue Chip and public sector organizations. FourPL differentiate through the quality of our engagements and services together with our pragmatic focus on excellence through from defining vision and strategy to practically supporting customers through implementation and realization. We take pride in our independence and recognize every customer engagement should be a reference. We are an equal opportunities employer therefore all appointments and promotions are based on performance and ability. We hire the best people for our business and aim to make all our employees feel valued, included and empowered.