Are you a Business Analyst looking to grow your career within the Supply Chain industry?
About the role:
FourPL would like to talk to you! FourPL is seeking a Business Analyst with strong experience in Coupa to join their Sydney team.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for leading various tasks with respect to: Reviewing, analysing and evaluating business systems and user needs. As Business Analyst you will be required to document requirements, define scope and objectives and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies.
The Business Analyst role will include the ability to support a range of engagements through the consulting lifecycle including:
- Drive identification of requirements across business units and identify substandard systems processes through evaluation of real-time data
- Serve as thought leader for technical business processes, developing forward-thinking systems prototypes that promote increased efficiency and productivity on multiple levels
- Create and implement precise management plans for every project, with attention to transparent communication at all levels
- Perform, evaluate, and communicate thorough quality assurance at every stage of systems development
- Determine and develop user requirements for systems in production, to ensure maximum usability
- Partner with other stakeholder teams across business units (i.e., sales, finance, security, compliance) to develop necessary analysis and documentation in a collaborative way, communicating effectively and efficiently with production, managerial, and executive teams
- Evaluate, analyse, and communicate systems requirements on a continuing basis, and maintain systems processes, including the delivery of monthly status reports to all appropriate parties
- Author and update internal and external documentation, and formally initiate and deliver requirements and documentation
- Conduct daily systems analytics to maximize effectiveness and troubleshoot problems
- Develop meaningful and lasting relationships with partners for optimized systems integration, and respond to questions and concerns from managers and executives with supporting research and recommendations
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes
Essential Skills- What you bring to the role and FourPL?
- A minimum of 3-5 years proven IT consultancy experience
- Experience in the supply-chain industry and understanding of best practices
- Experience in facilitation and the ability to work in different lines of businesses as required
- Knowledge of Logistics and Spend Management areas – preferable
- Knowledge in and experience with our partners IT systems.
- Experience working in procurement platform Implementations such as Coupa or as a System Administrator- desirable
- An understanding of the principles, practices, and methodologies of analysing, designing, planning and documenting ‘As is’ and ‘To be’ business processes. This includes the ability to drive change to adopt cloud based processes where appropriate.
- Effective communication skills both written and oral as demonstrated by successful outcomes in the areas of presentation, consultation, briefings, reports and complex submissions.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities to produce quality work within specified time frames.
- Understanding of the principles of effective teamwork and a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to achieve effective outcomes.
- Demonstrate effective stakeholder management:
- Working with multiple business areas to identify and document business processes;
- Collaborate with the business owners and project stakeholders to identify possible business process improvement opportunities;
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities to produce quality work on time.
- Ability to work in a small team across a range of competing solutions.
Nice to have skills:
- An understanding of Ariba Purchasing
- Experience with enterprise systems such as Dynamics / SAP / Oracle is beneficial;
- Sound knowledge of Procurement and Sourcing operations and technology-based business solutions;
- An understanding of managing users and expectations in adopting standard cloud-based processes to meet requirements rather than requirements driving processes;
- Knowledge of the end-to-end management of roles and players in procurement processes;
- Experience with Project Management methodologies supporting cloud-based implementations;
- Experience with short timeframe template deployments using standard processes;
- Knowledge and experience with enterprise systems and related processes (e.g., finance, inventory) would be beneficial.
- A good understanding of the procurement systems market and the direction, strengths and weaknesses of the various solutions and implementation players.
- Sound research, analysis and problem-solving capabilities.
- Must be willing to travel to client sites/locations and interstate when required.
- Must have driver’s licence
- All applicants must have right to work in Australia
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Degree with specialisation in Supply Chain or Procurement
- CIPS or similar qualification
- Procurement Systems and especially Coupa certification is preferred.
We offer an excellent remuneration package dependent on experience and industry knowledge. We are committed to annual salary benchmarking and are market aware.
FourPL is recognized through our awards as one of the leading Supply Chain and Procurement consultancies in Australia, working with many leading Blue Chip and public sector organisations. At FourPL, we differentiate through the quality of our engagements and services together with our pragmatic focus on excellence through from defining vision and strategy to practically supporting customers through implementation and realization. We take pride in our independence and recognize every customer engagement should be a reference.
We are an equal opportunities employer therefore all appointments and promotions are made on the basis of performance and ability. We hire the best people for our business and aim to make all our employees feel valued, included and empowered.
- Personal Growth: We support your personal growth through a structured Career Plan, including regular reviews, 360-degree feedback supported by a training and development plan.
- Flexible Work Environment: We are dedicated to creating a flexible work environment that promotes work-life balance and productivity. With our hybrid working model, you will have the opportunity to work from home on some days and work in the office on others.
- Training & Development: We provide an annual allowance to all permanent employees for training, certifications, industry professional training, or attendance at relevant conferences. This allowance demonstrates our commitment to supporting your professional development and staying current in your field.
- Technical Training: We also provide access to a wide range of product training across functional and technical training and all modules through our subscriptions with our software partners.
- Employee Assistance Program: We understand the importance of physical and mental health and well-being. Upon successful completion of the probationary period, you will have access to our employee assistance program, which provides support and resources for maintaining your well-being if required, both at work and in your personal life.
- We actively support diversity in our business, the technology industry, and our community. We champion a diversity of ideas, perspectives, and experiences, and strive to create an inclusive and welcoming work environment where everyone can thrive.
- Salary Sacrificing: We also offer the opportunity for salary sacrifice, allowing you to customise your compensation package to suit your individual needs and preferences.
- Tools of the Trade: We will provide you with a phone allowance and an option for either a company or BYOD laptop. All relevant software required to perform your job is provided.
- Health and Wellbeing/Recognition: All staff can participate in the annual Flu Vaccination program and FourPL hosts a monthly award to recognise employees’ efforts and their contribution.
- Team Environment: We have a small supportive team and host regular team events to promote collaboration, team bonding and to have fun with your team. FourPL hosts a monthly award for employees’ efforts and their contribution is recognized as voted by their peers.
Sounds like you? Apply now by sending your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org