Are you looking to grow your career as a Junior Consultant in Spend Management and Supply Chain?
At FourPL, we believe in taking a “hands-on” and pragmatic approach to supporting customers through their journey. Engagements vary in depth where in some cases we try to utilize the customer resources and do more direction and governance, whilst in others we do more implementation work for the customer.
We expect that your role will be dynamic in moving between consulting, project management and systems, provided this is clearly defined with the customer for each engagement.
The Junior Consultant will play a support role to consultants & project managers and will be taught through professional development the key skills for business development, project management, financial administration/project coordination and consultancy/stakeholder relationships.
The Junior Consultant role will include the ability to support a range of engagements through the consulting lifecycle including:
- Undergo training and development in partner systems
- Gather and develop Consultant skillset
- Assist in providing strategic guidance to clients on general technology and IT infrastructures
- Observe and give expert technical assistance to clients, including training and feedback
- Communicate with staff at all levels of client organizations
- Conduct research as needed to gain a thorough understanding of customers’ system specifications, work practices, and the nature of the business
- Observe how Consultants assist clients through the change-management process
- Assist in the designing, testing, integration and monitoring of IT systems
- Prepare draft documentation and progress reports for clients
- Assist in create training materials for client users and other consultants
- Understanding Customer’s systems specifications, their work practices and nature of their business
- Analysing IT requirements and give advice on use of IT systems according to project objectives
- Providing clear concise content as required, including conducting/facilitating oral presentations, document preparation and progress reports to Management and Customers (Stakeholders)
- Identifying potential issues and risks
- A minimum of 2+ years of proven IT consultancy experience
- Experience in the supply-chain and spend management industry and understanding of best practices
- Experience in facilitation and the ability to work in different lines of businesses as required
- Knowledge of Logistics and Spend Management areas – preferable
- Knowledge in and experience with our partners IT systems.
- Accreditation in either Coupa, SAP, SAP Ariba, BlueYonder – essential
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications or experience in Information Technology or related field.
Essential Personal Attributes
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to deal appropriately with internal & external customers
- Ability to set direction at high and detailed levels
- Ability to deal with different customers with different needs and wants
- Experience and knowledge of the detailed components required to deliver a system
- Dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Communicating concepts at a high level.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Leadership and facilitation skills
- Technical, analytical, and written communication skills
- Influencing, negotiation, conflict resolution and presentation skills.
- Liaison skills.
- Must be a strong relationship builder with experience with managing both business and technical relationships
- Passionate about building a service delivery culture to FourPL
- Resilient and supportive to manage change in behaviours, technology and processes
- Must be able to translate technical environments into business language
- Strong commercial acumen
- Innovative in approach to delivering services
- Passionate about emerging technologies and how they can be applied to drive customer and business outcomes
- Focus on delivery of outcomes to the customer
- Logistics, Supply Chain and Spend Management knowledge and expertise desirable
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Occasional business travel
Depending on your skills and experience a generous remuneration package will be offered.
A base salary of $75,000 to $85,000 per annum (exclusive of Superannuation) will be offered to the successful candidate based on their skills and experience.
So why work for FourPL?
We know you have choices but as a leader in the field we offer an excellent remuneration package together with many benefits, which include:
- An awesome team of people to work with, passionate about success
- The opportunity to grow as a professional
- As we expect to be the best, we provide access to intensive training to ensure we stay ahead
- The opportunity to contribute to supply chain leadership through our customer forums, partner forums and membership.
- Most importantly, we want to be known for our culture where you choose to work for us because you are valued, respected and enjoy working with us.
How to apply
If you meet the criteria for this role and you are interested in discussing career opportunities with FourPL, please apply here
Please include in your Cover Letter a short summary that highlights your specific qualifications and suitability to this role, particularly your Coupa experience.
FourPL is recognized through our awards as one of the leading Supply Chain and Procurement consultancies in Australia, working with many leading Blue Chip and public sector organizations. FourPL differentiates through the quality of our engagements and services together with our pragmatic focus on excellence through from defining vision and strategy to practically supporting customers through implementation and realization. We take pride in our independence and recognize every customer engagement should be a reference. We are an equal opportunities employer therefore all appointments and promotions are made on the basis of performance and ability. We hire the best people for our business and aim to make all our employees feel valued, included and empowered.