Are you an experienced Project Manager looking to grow your career in the Supply Chain industry?
About the role:
At FourPL, we believe in taking a “hands-on” and pragmatic approach to supporting customers through their journey and are seeking expressions of interest from experienced project managers. Engagements vary in depth where in some cases we try to utilise the customer resources and do more direction and governance, whilst in others we do more implementation work for the customer.
We expect that your role will be dynamic in moving between consulting, project management and systems, provided this is clearly defined with the customer for each engagement.
The primary purpose of the role is to manage and coordinate all aspects of projects from start to completion. The Project Manager will be responsible for partnering with the internal stakeholders to formulate work plans and ensure that work is delivered on strategy, on time and on budget. The Project Manager will play a major role in developing and shaping projects as well as managing and building long-term relationships and understanding the “big picture”. Essential to this role is experience in change management and business improvement.
The responsibilities of the Project Manager role will include the ability to support a range of engagements through the consulting lifecycle including:
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant internal stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure performance using appropriate project management tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and relevant stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize potential risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets, and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis
- Promote the company through the participation in presales stage with potential clients ensuring that they are aware of our services
- Act as an account manager to ensure that any solution being developed is in line with customer expectations and that the customer is satisfied with FourPL service levels to ensure that every customer is a reference site, willing to promote our services and give us more work
- Build and maintain relationships with customers to understand their business well enough to proactively develop further business opportunities
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of multiple projects
Essential Skills- What you bring to the role and FourPL?
- A minimum of 5+ years proven IT consultancy and Project/Program Management experience
- Experience in the supply-chain industry and understanding of best practices
- Experience in facilitation and the ability to work in different lines of businesses as required
- Knowledge of Logistics and Spend Management areas – preferable
- Knowledge in and experience with our partners IT systems.
Nice to have skills:
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to deal appropriately with internal & external customers
- Ability to set direction at high and detailed levels
- Ability to deal with different customers with different needs and wants
- Experience and knowledge of the detailed components required to deliver a system
- Dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Communicating concepts at a high level.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Leadership and facilitation skills
- Technical, analytical, and written communication skills
- Influencing, negotiation, conflict resolution and presentation skills.
- Liaison skills.
- Must be a strong relationship builder with experience with managing both business and technical relationships
- Passionate about building a service delivery culture to FourPL
- Resilient and supportive to manage change in behaviours, technology and processes
- Must be able to translate technical environments into business language
- Strong commercial acumen
- Innovative in approach to delivering services
- Passionate about emerging technologies and how they can be applied to drive customer and business outcomes
- Focus on delivery of outcomes to the customer
- Logistics and Supply Chain knowledge and expertise desirable
- Must be willing to travel to customer sites/locations and interstate as required
- Flexible working arrangements
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications or experience in Information Technology or related field.
- Relevant Project Management Accreditation such as Project Management Professional (PMP) or Six Sigma (Black and Green Belt) is essential
We offer an excellent remuneration package dependent on experience and industry knowledge. We are committed to annual salary benchmarking and are market aware.
FourPL is recognized through our awards as one of the leading Supply Chain and Procurement consultancies in Australia, working with many leading Blue Chip and public sector organisations. At FourPL, we differentiate through the quality of our engagements and services together with our pragmatic focus on excellence through from defining vision and strategy to practically supporting customers through implementation and realization. We take pride in our independence and recognize every customer engagement should be a reference.
We are an equal opportunities employer therefore all appointments and promotions are made on the basis of performance and ability. We hire the best people for our business and aim to make all our employees feel valued, included and empowered.
- Personal Growth: We support your personal growth through a structured Career Plan, including regular reviews, 360-degree feedback supported by a training and development plan.
- Flexible Work Environment: We are dedicated to creating a flexible work environment that promotes work-life balance and productivity. With our hybrid working model, you will have the opportunity to work from home on some days and work in the office on others.
- Training & Development: We provide an annual allowance to all permanent employees for training, certifications, industry professional training, or attendance at relevant conferences. This allowance demonstrates our commitment to supporting your professional development and staying current in your field.
- Technical Training: We also provide access to a wide range of product training across functional and technical training and all modules through our subscriptions with our software partners.
- Employee Assistance Program: We understand the importance of physical and mental health and well-being. Upon successful completion of the probationary period, you will have access to our employee assistance program, which provides support and resources for maintaining your well-being if required, both at work and in your personal life.
- We actively support diversity in our business, the technology industry, and our community. We champion a diversity of ideas, perspectives, and experiences, and strive to create an inclusive and welcoming work environment where everyone can thrive.
- Salary Sacrificing: We also offer the opportunity for salary sacrifice, allowing you to customise your compensation package to suit your individual needs and preferences.
- Tools of the Trade: We will provide you with a phone allowance and an option for either a company or BYOD laptop. All relevant software required to perform your job is provided.
- Health and Wellbeing/Recognition: All staff can participate in the annual Flu Vaccination program and FourPL hosts a monthly award to recognise employees’ efforts and their contribution.
- Team Environment: We have a small supportive team and host regular team events to promote collaboration, team bonding and to have fun with your team. FourPL hosts a monthly award for employees’ efforts and their contribution is recognized as voted by their peers.
Sounds like you? Apply now by sending your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com