“Four PL were engaged by Essential Energy to facilitate our HR system requirements gathering. The team provided the required HR subject matter expertise and oversight to drive the completion of the work to a high standard on time and on budget.”
David Nardi, Essential Energy
“Our Client appreciated not only the wide ranging HR-related subject matter expertise, but also the drive that we as external consultants could bring to the table. When asked to deliver to a deadline, we did just that …and then some”
Rob Chilinski, Snr Project Manager
Our client is undertaking a major transformation program and an integral part of this is the review and consolidation of their current HR systems landscape. The client wished to understand the options available regarding prospective solutions and providers and identified the need for support and facilitation of a HR Review, specifically related to gathering business requirements relating to the HR, Payroll and Time recording functions. The challenge for our client was to define and consolidate the large number of both functional and non-functional business requirements to engage with the broader market and determine the potential software vendors in the market that could meet their mandatory requirements and have capacity and capability to deliver the solution either directly or through their eco system and partner network.
THE PROJECT – KEY DRIVERS
- Enable efficiencies and interfacing across the end-to-end processes
- Deliver standardization and a single source of the truth as it relates to staff and contractors
- Drive toward ‘easy to use’ user interfaces and experiences
- Reduce paper handling and manual effort, whilst improving reporting and analytics
FourPL provided management, support and guidance throughout the entire process – from using our domain expertise in conducting the numerous requirement gathering workshops, through to the consolidation of business-wide requirements and the establishment of the overarching EOI evaluation process.
The outcome of this would allow the client to have a detailed definitive set of HR-relevant documents, together with supporting evaluation processes, with which to go to market with in selecting a suitable cloud based solution to support their Human Resources strategy going forward.
FourPL presented the client with a comprehensive set of functional and non-functional requirements in preparation for the anticipated EOI and/or RFP process. Requirements were verified, analyzed and subsequently classified according to a leading best practice framework.
- Strategic – FourPL worked closely with the CIO in defining the current IT landscape, understanding the business objectives, and finally shaping the clients IT Roadmap going forward.
- Relevant domain expertise – with a number of highly experienced consultants, specializing in both Information Technology and Supply Chain, FourPL boasts a pool of 25+ year industry experts to make a direct contribution to an engagement.
- Cross-functional Capability – resource numbers, and hence costs, were kept to a minimum because FourPL was able to draw on individuals with client industry understanding, project management capability, domain expertise together with business analytical skills.
- Independence – FourPL was able to provide wide industry insight whilst remaining system and product agnostic, delivering impartial and detailed recommendations to the senior decision makers.
Rob Chilinski, Senior Project Manager, was responsible for managing the engagement with the client and the project overall. He attributes its success to having strong partners in Epiuse, and establishing a strong connection with the senior stakeholders