We are looking for an experienced project manager who is willing to take on some account management responsibilities. The preferred candidate is a hands on project manager who has been responsible for medium to large IT projects and are looking for their next opportunity. Broader IT knowledge and the ability to support strategy and QA would be highly advantageous.
The primary purpose of the role is to support our client in delivering a program of work, manage and ensure delivery of outcomes for multiple projects against a strategy. As a partner, our culture is to represent the clients interests first and foremost, partnering with the internal stakeholders to formulate work plans and ensure that work is delivered on strategy, on time and on budget. The Project Manager will play a major role in developing and shaping projects as well as managing and building long-term relationships and understanding the “big picture”.
This role requires a high level of visibility and transparency across all facets of the project life cycle, especially governance and architecture.
Essential Technical skills
· Strong project management skills and disciplines.
· Strong planning and schedule management skills, stakeholder reporting, and understanding of project management controls.
· Experience with enterprise level systems such as : SAP, Oracle, Dynamics, JDA, Manhattan, Coupa, Ariba.
· Experience with Infrastructure as a Service and platforms such as Azure and AWS.
· Experience in broad IT portfolio and benefits management.
· Experience in managing and mitigating risks, issues and dependencies at a program level.
· PRINCE 2 or Agile project experience.
· High attention to detail.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Essential Management Skills
· Account Management Skills
· Strong stakeholder engagement and collaboration skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively with senior IT and Business audiences.
· Ability to provide effective leadership to team members and users.
· Excellent negotiation skills.
· Customer focused and motivated to deliver customer and team satisfaction.
Other Desirable Skills
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and be willing to travel.
About the role
PT flexible for the right candidate
Min 24 hours per week over 4 days
Flexibility on days worked
Will consider work from home for the right candidate
Convenient Melbourne city location: close to public transport