Are You an Experienced TMS Consultant?
FourPL would like to talk to you!
FourPL believes in taking a hand on and pragmatic approach to supporting our customers through their journey. To support our approach, we are seeking expressions of interest from individuals with experience in TMS Consulting. We have offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, and work with customers across Australia and NZ.
As TMS Consultant, you will work within strategic programs of work for FourPL’s customers. The role supports a range of engagements through the consulting lifecycle including:
- Providing pre-sales support to Management as required, including compilation and quality assurance of tender and RFI / RFQ responses.
- Customer engagement: to understand and determine requirements; and define project scope.
- Understanding Customer’s systems specifications, work practices and nature of their business.
- Analysing IT requirements, IT Advisory according to project objectives.
- Utilising and refining methodologies to deliver customer engagement requirements.
- Assisting in planning timescales and resources needed.
- Providing content to customers as required: oral presentations, preparing documentation and progress reports.
- Providing support to FourPL Management Team, Program & Project Managers: to project reporting, prioritization, progress and Issue/Risk resolution.
- Assisting Project Managers to ensure project delivery as per customers scope of work.
- Ensuring documentation of best practices, case studies and lessons learned from each engagement.
- Providing technical and functional expertise as required to customers.
- Identifying potential clients; building and maintaining positive relationships with existing and potential Customers.
- Providing after sales support as required.
Essential Experience – What you bring to FourPL:
As a TMS Consultant you can demonstrate 5+ years’ experience with:
- Strong analytical skills, ability to understand/solve business problems and develop creative technology solutions.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities to produce quality work within specified time frames.
- Experience working in technology enabled change programs and projects.
- An understanding of the principles, practices, and methodologies of analysing, designing, planning and documenting ‘As is’ and ‘To be’ business processes. This includes the ability to drive change to adopt new processes where appropriate.
- Strong understanding and ability to document process flows and related business rules.
- Understanding of solution strategies and ability to form long term views.
- Effective communication skills both written and oral as demonstrated by successful outcomes in the areas of presentation, consultation, briefings, reports and complex submissions.
- Understanding of the principles of effective teamwork and a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to achieve effective outcomes.
- Demonstrate effective stakeholder management by:
- Working with multiple business areas to identify and document business processes
- Collaboration with business owners and project stakeholders to identify business process improvement opportunities.
- Ability to work in a small team across a range of competing solutions.
- Ability to provide exceptional Customer service and build relationships within all levels of the Customer’s organisation.
- Ability to work on a variety of projects of different scope and size
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively with all team members and customer staff.
- Ability to work with business users to analyse business requirements, understand solution capabilities, design, develop and implement solution to enable business processes
- Experience in applying structured methodology for process mapping and gap analysis
- Ability to identify and effectively resolve issues
- Proven ability to handle and thrive on accountability
- Configuration experience and knowledge of a leading TMS. Experience in the TM systems from Blue Yonder, SAP and Oracle are highly desirable.
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management processes, Transportation Management scenarios centred around Shippers and/or Logistics Service Providers.
- Understanding of industry best practices for Shippers and Logistic Service Provider’s, with proven experience in implementing one or more of the industry leading TMS solutions.
- Ability to contribute to interactive blueprint sessions with customer.
- Able to translate business requirements, into technical requirements, and communicate these to an offshore team.
- Experience across the full Systems Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) for a Commercial off the Shelf System (COTS) system.
- Ability to work with XML, JSON and EDI messaging formats, and conduct appropriate mapping where required (support integration architects).
- A strong understanding of multi-tier applications, with a focus on cloud/SaaS deployments also highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of how a TMS interacts with ERP, WMS, CRM, Carriers, Shippers, Telematics and Mobility
Nice to have Skills
Experience in the following areas are beneficial and will set you apart from other candidates. These include:
- Knowledge of Supply Chain areas including Transportation and Warehouse.
- Experience with IT Project Management methodologies such as Prince2 and software vendor agile deployment and adoption processes.
- Understanding of and experience with process models and tools (BPMN, UML, ARIS).
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications or experience in Information Technology or related field.
- Strong academic credentials
- Certification in relevant technologies.
- Must be willing to travel to client sites/locations and interstate when required.
- Must have drivers’ licence
- All applicants must have Right to Work in Australia
Depending on your skills and experience a generous remuneration package will be offered.
So Why Work For FourPL?
.We know you have choices. As a leader in the field we offer an excellent remuneration package together with many benefits, which include:
- A great place to work in a growing company recognised to be one of the best in the World in our field.
- An awesome team of people to work with, passionate about success
- The opportunity to grow as a professional
- As we expect to be the best, we provide access to intensive training to ensure we stay ahead
- The opportunity to contribute to supply chain leadership through our customer forums, partner forums and membership.
- Most importantly, we want to be known for our culture where you choose to work for us because you are valued, respected and enjoy working with us.
Sound like You? How to Apply:
If you meet the criteria for this role and you are interested in discussing career opportunities with FourPL, please apply HERE
Please include a short summary that highlights your specific qualifications and suitability to this role, particularly your TMS Consulting experience.
FourPL is recognized through our awards as one of the leading Supply Chain and Procurement consultancies in Australia, working with many leading Blue Chip and public sector organizations. FourPL differentiate through the quality of our engagements and services together with our pragmatic focus on excellence through from defining vision and strategy to practically supporting customers through implementation and realization. We take pride in our independence and recognize every customer engagement should be a reference. We are an equal opportunities employer therefore all appointments and promotions are based on performance and ability. We hire the best people for our business and aim to make all our employees feel valued, included and empowered.